Tuesday, December 15, 2009

You Just Wait Till Next Year!!!!

As is common for many, I have been assessing (or perhaps obsessing?) my CX season. Just like Santa, I got a list of naughty and nice things that I did this year. Still topping the list of "seriously needs improvement" is bike handling skilz. Last year's scapegoat for my bike handling inability was the bike itself. But with the firing of the Kona and a new Primus Mootry frame being brought on, that excuse is gone. There is very little to blame but me. I know, I know, I should have seen that all along. However, sometimes it is oh so painful to look that close to home.

I began to accept this after the third shot of El Compadre tequila on Saturday at Bandido Natz and have fully embraced it now. But what to do. I have bought all the videos and I have memorized Simon Burney's book. These have brought some improvement but nothing to get me to that next level.

Then it struck me. I need a new role model. One who is out-of-the-box when it comes to CX mentoring. A true CX visionary who is not afraid to demonstrate new ways of combating all the obstacles that are thrown at you during a CX season.

My dear readers, I have found such a man. I have committed myself to following his teachings. I will master the fine art of Heckle Slogging and Rut Maxing. And you shall fear me on the course next year!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Has Horner every ridden a 'cross bike before? This guy makes the rest of us look like trials riders.

    ReplyDelete