Thursday, April 21, 2011

Custom frame fun time - part 2




That is a picture of the finished product. BS Bikes has created a vintage looking frame with a paint scheme that tops most vintage Colnago frames.

Its been a long time in the making. There were some unforeseen delays in the beginning: the welder was on vacation for a week and then the guys at BS Bikes were at the handmade bike show in Oregon. So maybe I could have had the frame two weeks earlier. But you know what? When I see the final product I don't care how long it took. At the beginning of the process, if someone had shown me that picture and said "it will take until the end of April", I would have said "take all the time you need".

I can't wait to see it in person, build it up, and go for a ride.

2 comments:

  1. Cpt I just built up an old Colorado that Ben S and crew built back in the 80's. Put the new Rival on it. Very sweet ride.

    Bottom line is I don't miss the old flying Ottrott near as much now.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tim: Very nice, Tim. But will the new bike levitate like the old one? Only one way to find out...

    ReplyDelete