Monday, November 28, 2011

COS 3 - FMVC 0....damn that hurt

So as I kick here on Monday night waiting for the guys to show up for Buy a Glass and keep the Beer night, thought I would update the blog.  First, James at the Cheeky Monk is a great guy who has some killer specials.  Just got this for the collection. 


First we will recap and put to bed the ACA vs USAC thing.  We voted "NO" but the Yes vote won out.  For the teams that voted for this, they are big, have aspirations of sending full teams to nationals or thought the time had come for reintegration.  That is cool.  We dont have a big enough team for those goals.  We love to race, drink and heckle but not in that order.  We can still do that but it will just cost about 10 more per race over an entire season now.  The other downside to this, the profit that ACA will now have to work with is $1700.00 instead of the multi thousands of dollars in the past.  

Racing weekend before thanksgiving in the south of Colorado was great.  Saturday's race was a great course, great venue but parking and getting in and out of pits were an issue.  But the biggest issue was the high speed crash that I took and tore up my knee.  Seven stitches later and my knee is coming back together.  The worst part is the growing of skin.  Damn, that hurts and now it itches.  Brian also crashed out at COS.  His brake lever blade fell out and he came to a screaching halt.  Conejo also flatted and crashed but still stayed in the race.  He finished 4th in the 35 open.  Brian was in second when he tumbled and I was in 6th when my day ended.  That is racing though.

Cleaning out the knee and getting ready for hook needle and thread


They were nice enough to use Belgium Blue for the stitches


Brian is currently the majority stock holder in Tagederme for the team

Sunday brought the course of climbs down at Castle Rock.  Castle Cross was a huge success for the Frites team.  John Haley pretty much put the course together and you can complain to him if you didn't have fun.  Brian finished 17th on the day.  Conejo was 8th and Coco was 5th and some of our new recruits, who will still go nameless until Jan 1, rode well and had top 25 finishes.  The season is truly winding down though.  I hobbled around and supported the guys as much as I could.  Currently I have parted out my bike so my teammates can keep racing. 

I am looking at getting back to racing this weekend over at the CX race in Highlands Ranch on Sunday.  Let's see what is left in the tank.  It's tough to be forced into a week off but I didn't have much choice.

While laid up with the bad knee, it never hurts to have some of this laying around to help the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment