Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New technology is always fun to play with

On Friday last week, I was at work and someone asked me about Flip Video. Now being a desktop admin, everyone thinks that we should know everything about every piece of software, every new gadget that comes out and should know how to fix thier home machine when it craps out becuase their teenager has downloaded a virus. For Jr, he should get a shot but the machine can be fixed with Nortons or McAfee.

But this Flip Video thing sounded kind of cool. So I went back and did an internet search and found some really cool things about it. So I headed over to the big box store and picked up one. Seemed kind of cool to take quick movies of my son and when we go out to the park to play and hang out.

So after the race on Saturday, I went back to the car, changed, grabbed a beer and the Flip Video camera. Went back over and decieded to just try it out and see what it can do. I taped a couple of things and played them back...seemed cool. The biggest question was - can I get this to stay on the handlebar or helmet and record a race?

I then ran into Chris from CO Springs and his buddy was getting ready to start his second ever cross race. Chris and I had been duking it out since last year and it was great to see him again this year and he has his own crew racing week in and week out. So as the Cat 4's take off, what better time than to test the camera out in real action mode.

So his buddy is the one standing up and looking at his bike with the disgusted look on his face. Somehow, the guy walking away in the Red Rocks kit got his leg caught up between the wheel and the chainstay. I have no idea how that would even happen. Below is the aftermath of the wreck and him trying to work on his bike. I would not recommend this to anyone, but he appears to be a trained professional

This totally sucks but what are you going to do? Technology sucks......better, stronger and faster is not always great for cross. But it did put the Six Million Dollar Man back together.

No racing this Saturday....but Sunday at the kiddie prison with mtb in tow.

See ya then

No comments:

Post a Comment