Friday, October 15, 2010

Great Battles We Would Like to See.... Stybar vs. The Bog

I finally got a chance to go over to CrossTube.net and catch the video of the last two laps of the Ruddervoorde Superprestige Race. More specifically, I got to watch Zdenek Stybar eat up yet another course. I ended up watching the final lap a couple times.... just in awe of the little things he does. For instance, the last time through the sand pit, he actually soft-pedals to adjust his line so that he can ride right down the tracks of a previous rider. I tried this several times in a very short sand pit up in BV. Each time, I got about 10 feet, blew out of the line and had to throw all the power I could muster to the pedals just to keep from coming to a dead stop.

After seeing Stybar dominate courses and opponents these last couple weeks, I am thinking it would be outstanding to see him take on the course thown at the competitors in the 87 Nats.



As a shout out to Shotty who is over watching the World Cup race in Switzerland this weekend (Yo Shotty.... Nice boondoggle !!!), check out that video again and observe the difference on Stybar and Aernouts as they come into a turn. Aernouts' brakes seem to be set on full break chatter, max vibration mode. Stybar's Shorty Ultimate brakes allow him to break late and he closes the gap without even a pedal stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment