Saturday, November 6, 2010

Something I will NOT do

There are plenty of things I'm willing to try.  As long as it sounds fun and I have a high probability of survival, I'll give it a try.  Hiking is good.  Camping?  You bet.  Ride with my kid?  Anytime!  Snuggle with a hot chick?  I'm there (but where is she?).

But there are plenty of things I will NOT do.  Eat raw oysters?  Not gonna do it.  Try to stay on Rich's wheel as we descend some single-track?  No way.

And there is one other thing that aint gonna happen:  buying a skinsuit for 'cross.  Yeah, the team has come up with some "great deal" on skinsuits.  But...have you seen us lately?  Matt Klick is the only one that has a chance of ever getting OUT of his skinsuit.  The rest of us will be lucky to get into the suit.

There's positively no benefit of wearing a skinsuit when you are as 'fast' as the Frites team.  No benefit to our speed and certainly no benefit to the sport of 'cross.  'Cross is supposed to be a fun event for everyone.  But I can guarantee there will be plenty of horrified spectators should the Frites team line up in skinsuits.  Imagine this picture times 5:
Nobody wins.  Not the crowd, not the promoters, not the other racers.  Skinsuits are better suited for this body type:


and not so much this body type:
So, for the love of all that is good in this world, I will NOT ever wear a skinsuit.  I will make that sacrifice for the benefit of mankind.

2 comments:

  1. Nor shall we race in the Republic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could just shave our junk then use latex paint....on second thought I hate to think were I would stash my GU.

    ReplyDelete